Gregory K Zieba & Associates - Real Estate Appraisers and Consultants
My Blog

Today I am sharing an article written by a colleague, Russell Roberts, MAI.

Today, I’m going to explain how losing money on commercial real estate makes perfect sense. Hear me out.
One of the primary methods used by commercial appraisers to value many types of commercial real estate is the ‘income approach’. The income approach is an attempt to quantify how much a purchaser or investor would be willing to pay for the future benefits of owning commercial real estate. Basically, these benefits consist of annual income generated by the property and also any expected profit (or loss) when the property is resold.
To clarify, these benefits consist of:
  • Annual Cash Flows (The Net Operating Income)
  • Profit Upon Resale (The Reversion)
Most often, commercial buildings are purchased with a combination of funds from an investors’ own pocket and funds borrowed from a bank or other lending institution. When the annual cost of the loan payment exceeds the annual cash flow from the property, the result is a a negative annual cash flow. I’m seeing this more and more these days for certain types of property – situations where borrowers are willing to accept a negative annual cash flow.
But how can this make sense?
Think of it this way: Those who attend college are in the exact same position. They’re willing to accept a negative annual cash flow (in the form of tuition payments) in anticipation of future income benefits (in the form of a better job). When you start seeing investors who are willing to accept a negative annual cash flow, it’s a sure sign that they are expecting property values to increase and to reward them in the end.
Why am I bullish about the commercial real estate market?
Because I’m paying very close attention.
- See more at: http://commercialappraiserky.com/when-losing-money-on-commercial-real-estate-makes-perfect-sense/#sthash.Qf0HPv92.dpuf

21 Comments to When Losing Money on Commercial Real Estate Makes Perfect Sense - See more at: http://commercialappraiserky.com/when-losing-money-on-commercial-real-estate-makes-perfect-sense:

Comments RSS
jaycee on Monday, May 21, 2018 12:54 AM
Wow wow

Commercial Construction Contractor Texas on Monday, February 18, 2019 1:56 AM
Fabulous blog. we are also providing commercial construction and this information is very helpful for me and i also like to suggest this blog to my friends also.

Franklyn Jack on Thursday, May 31, 2018 5:28 AM
you have described it in a great way!

kennis on Friday, June 08, 2018 10:31 AM
Spent money for real estate is the best choose, because with that you can investment. There are some house building companies who work together to restore old buildings. As a result families move to house ,seniors live secured life. facebook.com/tedbiesterbos

dissertation service on Monday, June 11, 2018 1:17 AM
I really appreciate your work you doing by providing so many kinds of activities, so that everyone is getting a chance to choose that what he or she is really interested in. It makes us clear in our minds that what we really want to do in our life. It helps in achieving our goals easily. Keep sharing your writings.

top celebrity jackets on Thursday, June 14, 2018 12:12 AM
Hey I am for the first time here. I came across this blog and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers..

lin on Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:48 AM
nice

write my paper for me on Friday, June 15, 2018 2:18 AM
The successful hiring and great chances for the more and fantastic projects outside and working with several government country. The start work and observing the chances for more skills and teamwork thoughts with us.

write my essay on Friday, June 15, 2018 2:33 AM
During the exam season many sites look for research paper writers for hire. Students get busy on online research and the sites just get short of these writers. Paper writer's job is seasonal in my opinion.

free custom essays online on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:28 AM
I genuinely welcome your method for writing an article. I spared as a most loved it to my bookmark website page list and will checking back rather than later. Share your thoughts.

professional assignment writers online on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:29 AM
I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again. You can use this for any kind of academic writing work.

assignment writing help on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:24 AM
Nicely done and well expressed. The post is concise in terms of its approach and has the element that attracts the reader.

casino 777 on Saturday, September 15, 2018 2:02 AM
In such legally binding plans the sum is ascertained by reference to target execution criteria.

sunmaker on Thursday, October 11, 2018 1:15 AM
In the event that you read the news of gambling club, you will see that a great deal of genuine clubhouse i.e. arrive based gambling club have some monetary issues and particularly in France.

Betclic on Sunday, October 14, 2018 4:32 AM
Along these lines a one hour free club amusement trail helps a card shark in increasing some involvement as far as procedures and is extremely convenient to a first time player.

logo creator on Monday, November 26, 2018 2:27 PM
Great information, you have a wonderful blog and an excellent article.

internet marketing on Tuesday, January 01, 2019 10:45 AM
People often aske me what's the easiest way to carry out web marketing. And most of the time my answer is read my article about it. And I will tell the same to you, read my article, it's good.

Lasik in dubai on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 6:46 AM
Hi! This is very useful post for everyone. Thank you so much this post.Just about everything looks good displayed.

Skycap Loans on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 12:17 AM
Online universities such as Skycap Loans, ICICI Banks, etc. offer loan to people to provide a good lending experience by as easy and fast loan application process.

hildan on Friday, January 18, 2019 9:39 PM
ini ke 14 pabrik plat stainless ss304 pabrik plat stainless ss310 pabrik round bar besi aisi 440s45c pabrik round bar scm440 pabrik steel rail pabrik steel sheet pile pusat astm a283 c pusat pipa boiler pusat plat abrex 400 pusat plat asme516 grade70 pusat plat astm a285 c Toko Atap Spandek Toko Atap Spandek Distributor atap spandek Distributor besi siku undangan pernikahan klasik Jual Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Jual Besi Wf Baja Toko sch 40 Jual besi beton krakatau steel ks undangan pernikahan kalender undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam undangan pernikahan islami undangan pernikahan unik dan murah undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan online undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan amplop surat undangan pernikahan simple undangan pernikahan murah undangan pernikahan unik undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan modern undangan pernikahan artis undangan pernikahan arab undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Agen Atap Spandek Agen Atap Spandek Distributor baja ringan Distributor Plat besi plat kapal undangan pernikahan aneh Jual Jual Besi Siku Baja Harga Besi Wf Baja Agen sch 40 Jual besi beton jcac Pabrik Atap Spandek Pabrik Atap Spandek Distributor bondek Distributor besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan mewah Jual Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Pabrik Besi Wf Baja Pabrik sch 40 Jual besi beton interworld steel is Distributor Bondek Cor Distributor Bondek Cor Distributor Plat kapal besi baja bki krakatau steel Distributor besi cnp undangan pernikahan cute Jual Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Distributor Plat Besi Baja Distributor besi Pipa sch 80 baja Jual besi beton gunung garuda Harga Bondek Cor Harga Bondek Cor Distributor besi siku www.gudangbesibaja.com undangan pernikahan online Jual Besi Hollow Supplier Plat Besi Baja Harga besi Pipa sch 80 baja Jual besi beton delcoprima Jual Bondek Cor Jual Bondek Cor Distributor pipa besi baja sch 40 sch 80 Jual besi Wf Baja undangan pernikahan buatan sendiri Jual Wiremesh

Anonymous on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:35 AM
Well somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. It’s amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often. Sympathetic Nerve Block For Pain